In this tutorial, we will learn about python, why to use it and history of python.
Python is a high-level, interpreted, interactive and object-oriented scripting language. Python is designed to be highly readable. Python is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language.
History of Python
- The idea of Python forward in the late 1980s.
- It was initially designed by Guido Van Rossum in 1991 and developed by Python Software Foundation.
- In 1994 the primary discussion forum for python was formed.
- Like Perl, Python source code is also available under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Python is now maintained by a core development team at the institute, although Guido van Rossum still holds a vital role in directing its progress.
- Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently.
- It uses English keywords frequently whereas other languages use punctuation, and it has fewer syntactical constructions than other languages.
- The Python interpreter is easily extended with new functions and data types implemented in C or C++ (or other languages callable from C). Python is also suitable as an extension language for customizable applications.